The Privacy Officer
Health Conex Pty Ltd
136 Mount St
South Gundagai NSW 2722
Tel: 02 6944 4042
Users of the UltimateQ survey are entitled to expect that any information as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of the relevant government privacy responsibilities and obligations. New South Wales (NSW), Victoria and the ACT all have legislation that regulates the handling of personal health information in the private sector. Details of the relevant legislation for your area can be found at https://www.alrc.gov.au/publication/for-your-information-australian-privacy-law-andpractice-alrc-report-108/2-privacy-regulation-in-australia/state-and-territory-regulation-of-privacy/
What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on the UltimateQ survey, our computers automatically record information that identifies, for each page accessed:
• the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
• your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .edu, .au, .uk etc.);
• the address of your server;
• the date and time of your visit to the site;
• the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
• the previous site visited; and
• the type of browser and operating system you have used.
Only sessional cookies are used from the UltimateQ survey to collect information. This information is unable to be retained once the user session has ceased.
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and may be published in reports for the Health Conex to identify patterns of usage of the survey. This will assist us in improving the UltimateQ survey and the services it offers.
Health Conex will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988. Please note that we intend to make this information available to local Primary Health Networks for quality improvement purposes.
What exceptions are there to this rule?
Health Conex will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
• unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published UltimateQ pages;
• unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the UltimateQ survey;
• unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the UltimateQ survey by other sites;
• attempts to intercept messages of other users of the UltimateQ survey;
• communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; and
• attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the relevant State or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the UltimateQ survey by other users.
Health Conex reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the UltimateQ survey raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed. In the event of an investigation, Health Conex will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
Is the information stored securely?
Yes. Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held by Health Conex for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
What will we do with information provided in feedback?
Health Conex provides a feedback facility in the UltimateQ survey to allow users to comment on the provision of service by their medical service provider.
The provision of personal details on feedback is optional. Users may provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback or entering a promotion which may occur (from time to time). This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided. We will not add your email address or name to any mailing list. Health Conex may publish aggregated information about feedback, to the extent that it does not identify or cannot be used to identify individual users.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded considering new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.
Privacy of patient information
Health Conex is committed to safeguarding the privacy of patient information and has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.